Posted on January 19 2018
Did you know that one of the key factors to eternal happiness is health? If you get that right, many other aspects of your life will begin to align! Good health will improve your moods, skin and your overall wellbeing.
TheWellnessCo. brings you... PANCAKES! Oh, but hang on, they are healthy! They will keep you full for ages and even the kids will love them.
What you will need (serves 1 - double for 2 etc)
- 1/2 cup chickpea or gram flour
- 1/4 cup oats (oat flour for smooth pancakes!)
- 1/2 non dairy milk
- 1 tspn almond or vanilla ext.
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tbsn maple syrup (depend on your sweet tooth!)
- 1/2 banana (don't have to have this!)
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- In a blender, whiz together all the wet ingredients but only 1 tablespoon of oil , the second is for cooking.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (except the raisins) until just combined - do not over mix. When combined, mix in your raisins but do not blend them.
- In a non-stick pre-heated pan (medium flame), melt 1 tbsn coconut oil
- Once melted, start adding your pancake mixture - add 2 pancakes at a time (unless you would like huge ones!)
- Cook on both sides for 1 minute or flip when you start to see bubbles forming.
- Continue until complete, add more oil if needed.
- Neatly stack the pancakes on your plate and add toppings as you wish! We have added a chopped blueberry muffin Nakd bar, 1 large tbsn of peanut butter and a drizzle of sweet freedom fruit syrup. Maybe try the co-yo yogurt!