Vegan - Hemp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted on January 10 2018
Delicious & Nutritious Hemp Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies make for a perfect morning delight with a fresh coffee!
You can make these perfectly round or go for the chunky, delicious melty look like we have! The cookies are packed with goodness including bundles of vitamins and minerals due to the delicious vegan Ombar and the powers of hemp thanks to Good Hemp protein flour.
- 1/2 cup oats (ground into flour)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 hemp flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 2 tbsn almond butter
- 1 tbsn chocolate hazelnut butter
- 2.5 tbsn coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsn maple syrup (depend on how sweet you like it!)
- 1tspn natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (luke warm)
- 1tbsn ground flax
- 2 tbsn vegan chocolate chunks
- 8 large chunks vegan chocolate (for topping)
- preheat your oven to 375F and line your baking tray with non-stick paper
- In a large bowl mix all of the wet ingredients together except for the non-dairy milk. Beat until creamy.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix together the milk and the flax seed and stir well. Then slowly pour this mixture into the nut butter mixture beating constantly at a slow speed.
- Mix all of the flours together, the baking powder and the small chocolate chunks. Mix the flour mixture with the wet mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Working eith 1 tablespoon at a time, scoop dough onto your baking tray - you can try using an icecream scoop. Or with wet hands, roll into round balls (for perfect cookies!).
- Once you have 8-10 scoops, push the cookies down slightly with a large chocolate chunk.
- Pop the cookies into your pre-heated overn and bake for 15-18 minutes. They will be slightly golden but still a bit squidgey. Don't overcook as they will dry out.
- Try not to eat them all at once! They are delicious warm!